Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Explanation text 2

  Why do bees sting ?

When a bee stings you, it's incredibly sharp stinger pierces your skin. The singer injects a venom called apitoxin into your skin. Most of the time the stinger gets stuck in your skin and comes of the bee. Worker honey bees die because they have a barbed stinger that remains behind with the venom sac.  Most bees and wasps do not have a barbed stinger and so they don’t die after stinging. Most bees sting because they are trying to protect their hives. Also they sting because they are trying to protect their pollen sources and their food. Wasps and hornets they just sting for fun they don’t care. They are not bees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post