Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Writing Wk 5 Trm 1


  This week for writing we had to pick an article that we read for reading or the one we explored for writing, I chose the one that I read for reading the article was about Margret Mahy playground. We had to choose a paragraph of the article but re-word it and highlight the main points, and use specific details. Then we had to make the DLO (digital learning object) and put a screenshot of the paragraph we re-wrote.

Here is my DLO for writing week five. 

 Hero goal: Select and explore significant ideas developing main points with specific details. 


  1. Before the park was even built the advisor, Te Marino Lenihan, thought of the idea to name the park Takaro A Poi as the Maori name of Margret Mahy playground. The reason he thought of the name was because it refers to               the swing of the poi as a place to play.


         

  1.  Margaret Mahy playground is one of the largest in the world, it’s worth $20 million dollars. This was a great idea to give the children of Christchurch something positive after the earthquakes. 6000 local children were asked for their ideas on what the playground should be based on. The winning idea was stories written by children's author Margret Mahy. 



Are you enjoying the new school year? 


                      

                                                                                                                                                                                                                          



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post