Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

My Maths Maps

Math Maps 
For maths this week we had to map out the most direct way from Kaiapoi Pa to Onawe Pa , through the roads or through waka. We had to screenshot multiple ways from each Pa and see which was the most direct.  The mission was rescuing Onawe Pa by travelling south from Kaiapoi Pa. 
                                                                                                                      N
                                                                                                                      W          E
                                                                                                                     S

If you take the roads its 67k from Kaiapoi Pa to Onawe Pa. 
From Kaiapoi Pa you go south-west and then south-east then east to get to Onawe Pa. 
                                                                         

If you go in waka its 118k from Kaiapoi pa to Onawe pa.
From Kaiapoi pa you would go south then south-east then back up north through lyttelton harbour and up to Onawe Pa. 

The most direct way would be to take the roads, if you take a waka its twice as many k's. 



                             


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post