Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

information about blue whales

Hi my name is caoimhe. I wrote an information report about blue whales.
Blue whales are an amazing sea creature. And Guess what they can get up to
98 feet long and weigh up to 190 tons.


Blue whales are dark blue, light blue, white and grey. Whales are mammals
even though they live at sea and guess what the blue whale is the biggest
mammal on earth. A blue whale can grow up to the size of 3 school buses or
6 elephants. 


Blue whales live in the ocean such as the Atlantic ocean, pacific ocean,
Atlantic and Indian. They ten to find food in colder waters but they find
warm caves in the cold months. 


Blue whales dont have a lot of predators because of their huge size but killer
whales and orcas can be a threat to them. They defend themselves by
letting fecal material into the water and swirling it around. 


A blue whale is always eating. It has to because of its size. It finds its food
in cold waters such as the northern and southern hemispheres. One of the
foods that a blue whale eats is krill. It is a mammal which means they only
eat meat.


Blue whales are the largest animal to ever live. They are very graceful
swimmers; they can swim at the speed of 8 km to 30 km at the fastest ever
recorded. 


Blue whales are the most majestic creatures on earth. They are huge and
really fast. Did you learn anything new from this report. And have you ever
seen a blue whale. 


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caoimhe
    Fantastic information report on blue whales! You have demonstrated a great understanding of an information report particularly on animals including weight, height, features, habitat, predators and diet. I found how they protect themselves from their predators very clever and resourceful! What did you find the most interesting fact about them?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post