Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

brilliant buttons

How to play: 
put 6 buttons into a bag that is not see through. They have to be two different colours. pull the coloured buttons out of the bag one at a time record what u think you will get and what you do get. remember to put the buttons back every time you pick one out.

What I got:
there were 3 greens and 3 blues. so there was an even chance of me getting either.
First I thought I was gonna get blue, but got green.
Second I thought I was gonna get blue, then got blue.
Third I thought green, but got blue
Fourth I thought blue, but got green.
On go five I thought I would get blue, and I got blue 
Sixth I thought green,  but got blue.

I got two green and four blue. two of my predictions were right and 4 were wrong.

Have you ever played this game?
If you have what was your results? 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Caoimhe
    Great blog about the probability game! It was a good idea to use an actual object such as the buttons, you could also use different colour lego or marbles etc. Next time you publish a blog you could check that you are using capital letters prior to publishing. What other probability games do you know how to play?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caoimhe,
    You have given really clear instructions about how to play this game. I really like that you have shared your prediction and what the result actually was. Maybe next time you could add a picture of you playing the game.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post