Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Trenches

Dear Sister Bonnie 

Its day 69 im tired and worn out and can't wait to go home. The food is gross it makes me gag it's only bully beef stew, hard biscuits and dry beef that smells like cat pee. There are so many bugs and everyone has lice. The rats are disgusting they are the size of cats. My feet are so uncomfortable all I feel are my toes squelching through smelly mud that makes you gag. The bed are to uncomfortable and you can barely sleep because their are bed bugs biting on you every 2 seconds. Remember my best friend gorge he got shot in the leg and i dont know if he’s  gonna make it. The master forgot to get the first aid kit so no one can get cured. May as well just say my last goodbye now. At the start I was so excited to come to war but now im depressed, I really want to come home. But ive got my head held high and i'm gonna carry on the journey.  Yours sincerely your brother Charles.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post