Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Active Akaroa

On labour weekend 2018 me my family and most of my neighbourhood went to Akaroa for the long weekend. My neighbour works at a school and they go on school camps every year. She lets us go to their school camp for a weekend just for fun. We do it every year. The camp is called Takamatua. Its right beside the lake and mountains. 

we stay in a little cabin with 8 beds. 1 family per cabin. At night the kids would play spot light and the parents will sit around and talk. In the day we would go to the lake and swim jumping off the wharf is so much fun but the water is very cold. They put out this huge water slide it goes down the big hill on the campsite

The camp is placed beside a little house with a lady living in it.  She has lots of chicken and their might be about 25 chickens in the chicken house. She has so many chickens so we call her the crazy chicken lady. Me Sophie and our neighbour Sam all go spy on her we've gotten told off before maybe once or twice. There's a big swing beside her house that we swing on to get a better view.

We walk down this little trail and end up in the lake on the walk their you have to walk through a lot of water, rocks and grass but it’s so beautiful and worth getting wet. As soon as we got to the jetty almost all the kids went running into the water jumping off the jetty. It was such a rush when you jump in the lake because you go so fast and it's hard to swallow the moment. 

Sophie's family bring paddle boards to Takamatua every year. So most of the kids will get a go on them. It's brilliant. The older kids row the paddle boards and the little kids just get to relax and tag along. But by Tag along i mean tie you foot to the paddle board and lay in a tyer. I'm a little kid so i just get to relax. 

The water slide is so much fun. It feels like you gliding down a big hill. All the kids go down it and even some of the brave adults. We put heaps of dishwash liquid on it to make it slippery. But unfortunately I don't have such great memories of the water slide. I knocked my front adult tooth out.

Overall the Takamatua / Akaroa trip is one of my favourite tips of the year. I love being in a different place and hanging out with my friends. I love being in the fresh air and gliding down a soapy water slide and you can't forget about feeling the rush of jumping off the jetty. I can't wait to go again soon. 


 Written by Caoimhe Harrison 

1 comment:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post