Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Fractions as words

Harry the cat!!!

what you need:
Pen or pencil
paper or book 
rubber

Example (GOOD) 
G 1/4 
0 2/4 
D 1/4

Try and figure out what the word Harry is in fractions just like my example.
Also if you have an even number in your fraction, half it and create a new
fraction. 

Word: Harry 

How many of one letter in the word. 

H
A
R
Y
1\5
1\5
2\5
1\5
Start with the word HARRY then move on and make up your own word.

Also You can try doing the same thing with this word *PETER*
How many of one letter in the word.


P
E
T
R
1/5
2/5
1/5
1/5

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caoimhe, great game that you have made up for the group. I like that you have given a list of materials they will need to play. I am thinking it might be an idea to put in another word that our group could work out the fractions of.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post