Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Museum trip

Museum trip

 On Monday  me and my entire hub went to the Christchurch Museum. to look at the history of Maori legends. In the morning we all got on a bus and drove to the museum. When we got there we went to sit in the entrance of the museum to go over the safety rules. Then we got split into groups. Me and my group went into this room were they taught us how the Maori people used to build in the olden days. They showed us a drill that was made out of only wood, rocks and string. They also showed us the old way to light a fire with wood. They did more but if I say everything my blog will be too long. After we finished in the building room they took us to the gallery to tell us Maori legends and go over all the cool pictures in the gallery. Then we ate lunch and played in the big tree the whole hub was climbing in the tree at one point. After lunch we all went back into the museum to have our own big look around the museum. We got to go into the paua house and watched the five minute movie it was so cool also in the paua house there was a little lounge to look in. After we got to have our own look around the museum we got on the bus and went back to school.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Caoimhe, I am so pleased that you had fun at the museum. I also learnt a lot of new information about Maori technology. I had no idea that it would take them over 2 months to just make an axe head, let along a waka. Great photo of you trying to cut the wood into a waka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi caoimhe
    i like your blog post
    but maybe next time you could but the image in the middle
    -santara

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post